Consistency is key
As you probably know, consistency is many times the key to success.
When it comes to your online presence, which everyone knows can drive a business' marketing and sales revenue, it is essential to consider having a schedule of publishing activities. From blog posts (a perfect tool to introduce your prospects into your marketing and sales funnel) to social media posts, having a schedule means you can be consistent, irrespective of who does the publishing - yourself, a member of your team or a hired gun.
To create such a publishing plan, you will need:
- A good list of topics to publish about (evidently, derived from your business or product/service value proposition)
- Tentative titles for the content pieces (makes it easier for the content writers to understand what they will write about)
- A picture and video library
- The publishing schedule
- An approval workflow
- Responsibilities and roles within the team
- A spreadsheet with all of the above
- Storage space for the plan and the content pieces
Ideally, you'd also use a project management tool similar to Kanban (think Trello or equivalent), so the team can visualise the progress of the tasks.
Using this method, each team member - be it an employee, freelancer or agency worker - will quickly know what to do. Your content will roll out consistently, generating the desired effect - branding awareness, traffic to your website or online shop, or whatever the target is.